Wednesday, June 20, 2012

final thoughts



Hallelujah I'm finally feeling better & can write!!!

so what happened the past few days & what did I think????

The end of the trip was busy ,busy,busy!! We were able to tour many places w/ detailed info thanks to our awesome tour guide. Unfortunately, we had very little rest time so I'm really looking forward a nice bubble bath & my bed :) 

Thursday started w/ a trip to the oldest remaining village in Israel. Now I understand why archeologists are obsessed w/ their work, it's bc the final result is mesmerizing. 
Friday we climbed to the Mt of Olives, scaled King David's tower,toured the Israeli Museum, and visited the possible location of Jesus' tomb.
Saturday we visited the Western Wall aka the wailing wall, traveled through the Rabbi's tunnel ( a tunnel underneath the western wall), went to the temple institute, and climbed the southern steps.

Now, how do I feel about all that & and the rest of my trip???

Being in God's chosen land is life changing. If you've ever had a youth camp spiritual high then you can imagine what sleeping in Israel is like. Being awake in the Holy Land is a gajillon more times powerful! The people are so compassionate and the land is beautiful. I wish I could put into words how I feel about the land, but the connection is indescribable and can only be translated when you visit it yourself :)

I hope that this blog has led you to think about & even pray for a land that has very little friends. 
                                                                               
                                                                                    Isaiah 62:1-2

                                           For Zion’s sake I will not keep silent,
                      for Jerusalem’s sake I will not remain quiet,
                                        till her vindication shines out like the dawn,
                         her salvation like a blazing torch.

                                        The nations will see your vindication,
                            and all kings your glory;
                                         you will be called by a new name
                      that the mouth of the Lord will bestow.
        
                                                                           
Thank you so very much for continually praying for the team. Your prayers were definitely felt & answered!!!!
                                                                                              -Mads