Wednesday, June 6, 2012

updates

So here's an update from the past two days, let's hope I can remember everything!

Tuesday was the first day we got to work with our tour groups. I love, love, love my group!! I have two German ladies, one is 90 years old, has been to Israel 18 times and translates for the other who speaks absolutely no english. The German lady talks to me, we communicate well even if she we speak two different languages. I have also have a lady from Puebla, Mexico!! My youth group takes a mission trip to Puebla in the summer :) Not only do we have that connection, but we can communicate in Spanish! There is also a lady from Australia, another favorite place of mine! Her accent has caused me to speak in an Aussie accent 95% of the day. It has been so lovely getting to know my group and the rest of the tourists. hey all have exciting stories about where they come from. It's like a cultural overload: one minute I'll be talking in spanish, the next I'll be communicating with the French!

 Yesterday we took our groups to Ma'ale Adumim. It's a beautiful Jewish community meant to be a watchman for Jerusalem. We were able to meet the very friendly mayor and take a tour of the security headquarters. They stressed the importance of praying for the city's protection because it is on the ourskirts of Jordan (seriously, we could it from the cameras in the security headquarters). We did a few more things, but I'ml limited on time and I want to tell about today.

Today we took our groups to hear a lady retell the life of Corrie ten Boom. If you don't know who she is please watch The Hiding Place. The performance was so amazing. Afterwards, I talked with my German ladies. One was weeping and the other told of her days in the Hitler Youth. It was a really emotional moment that reminded me the Christians must continue to protect the Jews.

We did a few more things, but I really have to go (we are going to the children's home bar/bat mitzvah). Everyday I am reminded about how much I love God's chosen land. Everything about it is indescribably wonderful.

praise: Jim's clothes got here!! the team is working fabulously together
prayer: Ms.Sue's migranes, strength for everyone especially the older people, and sinus issues