Monday, June 10, 2013

Day One

We lift pianos 

Cleaning the ministry house
It has begun and we haven't even left the country.

It would make sense to write the events of the day in sequential order. You know, start with something like, "We started the day in the heart of our city working in a Messianic ministry house." But, I can't stop thinking about what has happened the past few hours so I'll just let the pictures retell the earlier events of the day.

Our team spent the past three hours in fervent prayer. Spending any length of time personally with God guarantees blessing because it is what He desires, but the team prayer time was so much more than a blessing. It was a time when my team sought repentance, direction, and protection in an indescribably honest way. I know that the mis-scheduling was no accident. God created a perfect opportunity for the team to be like-minded before the real trip began.

This cutie cheerfully cleans
As I keep staring at the keyboard in attempts to formulate my personal state, I come to a blank. My team member Ashley beautifully described what has happened- I am speechless and breathless in the presence of God. Like I said yesterday, I was in desperate need of purposeful prayer time. Tonight, God lifted the burdens that I had been clinging to and enveloped me with peace. Praise God for his perfect plan! I can say I am ready, like really ready to wrap the people of Israel up in the love God has placed in my heart.

Part of me wishes I spent more time describing the wonderful details of our service work at the messianic ministry house. Like how the woman in charge began to cry as she thanked us for our service. Or how every creepy crawly snake, spider, roach, and frog came out from hiding as we cleaned. But, that is for another time. For now I hope that my story of the power of prayer will inspire you to seek God at this moment in prayer. He longs to have a conversation with you :)
Shalom,

Mads